Thursday, March 08, 2018

Ruby Red

I thought I'd post a "current" card today instead of one from my Draft Folder... it was our - hubby and my - 40th or "Ruby" Anniversary on 18th February, I wasn't going to "do" a post on it but as I have made a card I thought... why not? especially as I enjoyed Debby's post about HER Ruby anniversary - and I enjoyed the "blast from the past" that the photos in her post brought so I've added some of ours in the hope you'll get a chuckle out of them... at how insanely YOUNG we look if nothing else, lol.  Here's the card
The image is from Lili of the Valley, it is a digistamp and I can't tell you how stoked I am that they are doing their fabulous images as digis... I've been drooling over them for years waiting and hoping that they'd come out as digis; I have to say I've gone a little bit mad in the Paypal department since they have, lol.  This one is called  "Hearts and Flowers" - you can see how I HAD to have it can't you??  I coloured, as usual, with Copic markers adding some shadow and highlights with Prismacolor pencils. 
I used paper from DCWV's "Glitter Basics" stack, it's fabulous... this actually is a snippet - it wasn't a snippet until I butchered it over and over trying to cut the wavy edge, (Lawn Fawn Stitched Borders die, I think) with the "stitches" on the right side - you know how it goes when you over think something.  I added a burgundy red heart brad that I wrote "40" on in gold gel pen, that with some fine gold twine finished the front of the card.  Incidentally "Ruby Red"... isn't, I mean turns out Rubies AREN'T that red; hubby bought me a gorgeous natural (as opposed to "created") ruby and diamond bracelet for the occassion, and the rubies are quite pink, not "Ruby Red" at all!  Who knew?, well not ME, lol
On the inside of the card I added a sentiment that I made up using Word... the blue-eyes part is a bit of an "in joke" and no, I'm NOT sharing, lol, and that was that
I'm going to enter the card in the following challenges: 

Cupcake Inspirations has these cupcakes and the theme "Pets"... these meeces look tame enough to me to qualify :-)
Cuttlebug Mania Ribbon and Bows - hope the bow in the twine is enough
Pixies Snippets Playground Snippets - yeah, like I DON'T have enough snippets already, I made some specially, lol
As You Like It Single or Multiple Layers and Why - I really like multiple Layers, I think they give a  "hand made" look, but I also like the image to shine so am tending to more CAS... so I suppose "CAS with a layer or two" best describes it ;-)
Addicted to  Stamps Have a Heart - hearts on the image, heart brad
Cardz 4 Galz Furry Friends
Hanna and Friends Favourite Stamp - new "fave", and it's LOTV, eek!
Now for "those" wedding pics
That Flower Girl is now 50!!!!!
With my lovely Mum and Dad.  Well... the carpet WAS the height of fashion in 1978, lol
... and now a kinda "Before" and "After" ;-))





















.... well it IS forty years on, give us a break :-))  Oh, and that man to the right behind hubby is our son Matt, ye gods and little fishes where HAS that time gone?!


Until next time, Happy Crafting, Donna xx

30 comments:

Annettes Hobby Rosettes said...

Wow. Loved seeing this blog post. Great anniversary card and great photos.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Annette DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/

Sandy Palmer said...

Happy belated Anniversary! I loved the side by side photos! My hubby and I are going on 38 years this November! :) Loved the card, especially the sentiment inside! It's all wonderful! Thanks for sharing it with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!
Sandy DT

Lisa Lynn said...

That card is so sweet and so is the reason. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Ruby is my birthstone and it is great that you have a wonderful man to buy you some beautiful gems. My parents just celebrated 50 years and are having a reception in April. Sending you hugs from afar. Thanks for joining the Catch the Bug Anything Goes Challenge, Lisa Lynn DT.

The Red Mullet Band said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
ana Isabel DT coordinator.

Ann-Marie said...

Love, love, love your card it's beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us over at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge. Take care, Ann-Marie x

Lorraine said...

This is gorgeous Donna, love the cute stamp and cas design as well as all the pretty details, the little heart and sparkle on the butterflies.
Your photos are gorgeous too....lots of happy memories
Lorraine x

Di said...

What a lovely card Donna - just perfect for your 40th Wedding Anniversary of course. Sweet LOTV image - we can expect a lot more as (for now) they're stopping selling their rubber so it looks like it'll all go digital. Much easier for you of course. And the design of your card really show off the image as well as allowing the use of that wonderful curved die and ruby red paper!

I loved seeing your photos - and I'd say you and your hubby have matured like very fine wine. Still looking fabulous as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Nance said...

Beautiful card! Love the shimmery parts and that sweet lovely image! Happy 40th! Thanks for playing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks last week!

Marlies said...

A gorgeous card! A lovely design and I loce the lotv image! Adorable. Your fotos look great! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

Danoesja said...

Wow this is so sweet, beautiful and adorable...i love it.
Also great and lovely photo's.
Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps.
Greetings, Danoesja

Gina said...

WOW ! Just adore this ! Thank you for joining us in our Catch the Bug Saturday Challenge! Creative regards, Gina

Gina said...

WOW ! Just adore this CAS design! Thank you for joining us in our Catch the Bug Saturday Challenge! Creative regards, Gina

creatingandsharingit.blogspot.com said...

Great post, your card is beautiful but all the post is awesome. Thank you for play with us in Polkadoodles Challenge blog.

Billie A said...

I love your card. The mice are so cute. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

Billie A
Aud Sentiments
Creative With Stamps
Catch The Bug
Inspiration Destination
The Merry Christmas Challenge
Sunny Day Crafting
Pause Dream Enjoy
Craftaholic R US
Always Happy Birthday

Pat K said...

Sweet card Donna, perfect for this special event. Loved seeing your photos..such a handsome couple, then and now. Hugs, Pat K xx

Tammy said...

Awww what a sweet image and you have colored it beautifully! Great photos too! Thanks so much for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz!
Tammy x

CraftyNatalie said...

Beautiful card, love the cute image. Thanks for joining us at Through the craftroom door this week.

Eve's Been Reading said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous. Thank you for joining in the fun with us at Digi Choosday Challenge, good luck! Yvonne (DT)

Lynne said...

A super card, I love the image and you've coloured it beautifully. I like your before and after pics too. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It x

Rose Andrew said...

WOW...Simply Stunning card love the image so cute!
Happy Wedding Anniversary ...beautiful pictures.
Thank you for so much for joining us Digi Choosday Challenge Wk 10
Good Luck
Rose

Anna-Karin said...

Great work. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Claire said...

Aww such a sweet Anniversary card, its coloured beautifully and so adorable x

Iskra said...

This card is so beautiful! Fabulous design! Thanks for sharing with as at The Crazy Challenge.
Iskra DT

Sarah said...

What a lovely single layered card and wonderful blog post!! Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI. Sarah DT

Unknown said...

A sweet and lovely card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Cupcake Inspiration!
Danijela-DT

Wendy R. said...

Oh, how beautiful!!! What a great card! Thanks for sharing with us on Cardz 4 Galz, Wendy xx

Jannie said...

Congratulations on your Weddinganniversary!
40 years wow

The bow is a bit off a doubter but I would like to thank you on joining us at Cuttlebug Mania :)

Cuttlebugs & Hugs
Jannie

Sonya van Stee said...

What a fun post! I really enjoyed reminiscing with you! And what a stunning card that is also incredibly adorable! I love the little mice and the swatch of ruby red at the top! Thanks so much for joining us over at Creatalicious! Sonya DT

Janice said...

A gorgeous CAS anniversary card.
Thank you for sharing with us over here at "A Perfect Time To Craft" and best of luck with your entry.

Janice DT for http://aperfecttimetocraft.blogspot.com.au/...

Melanie said...

A wonderful card! Congratulations on your Ruby Anniversary!
Thank you soo much for taking part in our "anything goes with optional girly” challenge over at Creatalicious & good luck in the draw.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

Hugs,
Melanie
(DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

(DT Crafty Friends)

(DT The Sketchy Challenges)

(DT Stempel-Magie)


PS: Sorry for the late comment, life had been very busy these past weeks…